Monday, December 21, 2009

Our new baby, "Goliath"

No I am not pregnant for those who are thinking that. It's the name of our new TV!! Back in November Eric came to me and told me about this awesome TV deal through the Dell website (with whom we will never shop with again). He explained this was the best deal he had seen including the upcoming black Friday deals. I don't speak TV so I had Eric explain it in layman's terms. Basically the deal was for a 50" 1080P Samsung Plasma (originally retails for $1199) and a dvd/surround sound home theater system ($229) for $775 + tax with free shipping. The deal was on Sunday but we decided not to purchase it on the Sabbath. The deal of course sold out within hours and we were both pretty sad. Eric decided to try and call Dell on Monday to see if anyone had canceled their order and if we could get one. They said that they had some left and so we ordered one and were told it would ship within 48 hours and we would receive it 3-4 days after that. To make a long long story short after multiple delays, shady business practices and numerous attempts from Dell to cancel our order behind our backs, the TV arrived on the 14th of DECEMBER. Sadly the screen was shattered. Eric spent numerous hours with Dell who eventually agreed to do an exchange. The particular TV we purchased was out of stock, so they sent us a better model TV (retail value $1399). After a long week the new TV FINALLY came and we couldn't be happier with our newest family member! Take our advise. NEVER BUY FROM DELL. EEEVVEEER.









1 comment:

Unknown said...

WTF! That totally sounds like Dell! My mom and I got screwed by them too so you are soooo Preachin to the Have Been Screwed by Dell Choir!! hahaha On the other hand, HOLY FREAKIN COW Chels! I am so jealous!! I speak little TV, but I sure know that is a screamin deal and a SWEET TV! When can I come admire your new set up?? Seriously?
Oh and MERRY Christmas!!!
Love you!