Thursday, May 26, 2011

Welcome to motherhood





Well it's happened. All my blog posts are about Trent or motherhood. It's funny because I think "what did I use to blog about before Trent came along!?" Now that Trent's here I can't imagine life without him. Being a mom has changed my life in so many ways. But I think the number one way is it has forced me to be more patient. For example sometimes when I feed and change him at 3 in the morning he decides to pee/poo all over himself, me and the crib and it's soooo hard to be frustrated at him because after he is done he smiles so big like it what he just did was a present for me. It's amazing how sometimes I can be so frustrated (every mom gets frustrated and if they don't they are either lying or they are a saint) but at the same time instantly melt when he smiles at me. It's amazing how literally within hours my life was no longer about me. It was about this little life and taking care of him to the best of my ability. I knew being a mom I would have to make sacrifices but never really fully understood until I had him. I have realized that being a parent is the most selfless act in the world and that as a parent there is nothing he could do to make me not love him. Even though some days I am tired beyond all reason I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love being a mom!

1 comment:

Becca Gilbert said...

How stinking cute is he?!? So fun! And I totally agree about motherhood- it is the most amazing thing in the world! I had always heard that but I dont think you can fully understand it until it is you! PS it was so fun to see you today!