Sunday, August 8, 2010

Twenty three

Eric and I on my birthday!

Eric did such a good job decorating!



It's a tradition in my family to have a themed birthday with a candy bar poster every year. My theme this year was birthday princess with worm balloons......


Eric's "worm" balloons......He made me wear the crown and sash literally all day.


This past Thursday was my birthday and the whole week Eric told me I was either getting a candy bar poster OR decorations but not both. I of course wanted both because that is what I have grown up with my whole life but told him sadly if I MUST choose decorations. I should have known he was trying to surprise me because when I woke up on my birthday and came down stairs our living room and kitchen were decorated like crazy! And he even made a candy bar poster! I was so surprised and sooooo happy and a little confused with the "worm" balloons but quickly realized that I was married to Eric so it didn't have to make sense. That was the start to an amazing day. Eric and our friend Kevin threw me a surprise birthday lunch which was awesome (I had never had a surprise birthday before). Then we went out to the Pizza Pie Cafe for dinner with my family, grandparents and our extended family. We then came back to our house opened presents, ate cake and ice cream and had such a blast visiting with family. It was the perfect day and I couldn't have asked for anything else!

No comments: