Sunday, April 10, 2011

kolipoki


I figured since I will be having Trent any day now I should do this before I won't be able to. My little sister Nicole is getting married in 25 days. It's so weird to think about. I'm having a baby and she's getting married. Who figured it would happen so fast. So in honor of that I will be taking a stroll down memory lane which will be boring for most of you and for those who do read sorry it's long.

Growing up Nicole and I shared a room which I didn't realize was so much fun until I had a room of my own. When we were little we would sit in our room and play barbies for literally hours and I always would give her the "bad ken." He was the uglier one and his head would always fall off. The stories that we would make up would always be centered around my barbie and Nicole's character was usually the sister that didn't really have a big role. Now looking back I think I enjoyed playing barbies much more than she probably ever did. We not only loved playing barbies we loved playing dress up and pretending that we were in a castle somewhere or that we were office secretaries (random I know). At night my mom would put us to bed at like 8 but we would always stay up much later than that talking and giggling. One time I convinced her to sneak out of bed to go get a flash light so we could make wall animals. I'm sure my mom would say that she knew that Nicole had gotten out of bed and that she let Nicole get the flashlight but I think my mom didn't have any idea. When I would get scared at night I would wake her up make her get out of her bed and come sleep in mine until I wasn't scared anymore and then kick her out of my bed to go back to hers which was always cold. 

 
 I am 2 1/2 years older than her which made things difficult as we entered the teenage years. I was trying to leave the "kid" phase but she was still in that phase and didn't understand why I had become more distant. But as we both grew she became one of my best friends as she was able to understand things more about the teenage world. Our weekends usually consisted of us hanging out with our separate friends but me always taking her or picking her up which gave us the chance to become really close as we would tell each other everything about the night. Some of my favorite memories were of us driving around Roseville at night with the windows down blasting Yellowcard or Something Corporate. Sometimes she would hang out with my and my friends (It smells like this can you smell it?!, Getting kicked out of Winco by some super fat chick, giving a certain someone rogan) and sometimes I would hang out with her friends. On the nights we didn't hang out with friends we would usually watch a chick flick and eat candy. There were some nights where we were literally bouncing off the walls. We would get so hyper and just have a blast laughing at the stupidest stuff while my mom and dad were telling us to stop. My poor dad. One of the best nights was during the Christmas season. My parents had gone out to do some shopping and we got bored so we decided to make a Christmas video. It was so random but so fun. I won't tell you what's in the video because it's a little embarrassing but lets just say because we loved it so much that we made one every year up until this last Christmas.



 
Nicole's first year of college was my first year of marriage. She was living in the dorms and I was just a couple blocks south of campus. It was fun living close during that first year. She would go out a lot and I wouldn't see her a ton but when I did we always had a memorable time. (Eric yelling at neighbors, me putting way to many onions in the chicken enchiladas)


Now it's Nicole's turn to get married. Where has the time gone! I feel like just yesterday we were talking about how much we hated boys and how retarded they were. It was a little harder for me at first to accept the fact that she was getting married. But I think that no matter who she got married to it was going to be harder for me as I have been with her through all of her guys and seen the hardships shes gone through and because of how protective I am of her. But Trevor is perfect for her and he makes her so happy. I couldn't have picked out a better guy for her. 


This past year hasn't been an easy one for Nicole and I but I know it has made our relationship stronger. We may not always be the closest at times (because of our openness with our feelings and our lack of tact) but I know we will always be there for each other and no matter what she will always be one of my best friends. I am so excited for the fun times ahead and I am so happy for her! I love you stink.



No comments: