Sunday, October 28, 2012

I left my heart in San Fransisco

Last weekend part of my family (Jamie couldn't go because of just having a newborn and Josh doesn't like the 49ers, LAME) went to San Fransisco to go to a 49er game! This all happened because one Sunday, about a month and a half ago, I was thinking that It would be fun to go to one last game before Jessica moves to Maui this summer. I called Jess and told her my idea which she instantly loved and we started looking at tickets to see if there was a game on a weeknight and if we would be able to afford tickets. Luck had it that they were playing the Seattle Seahawks on a Thursday night and it just happened to be UEA weekend. (For those non Utah folk that's basically a weekend where kids in school get a Thur and Fri off because teachers are doing something those days). We called up our good family friends Mike and Kari Berejkoff that live in the area who are actually basically family (my Dad grew up with them), asked if they wanted to go and they did so we booked the tickets and prepared to go.




It was so fun to walk all around San Fran with the Berejkoff's and then go to the game. I wish we still lived close to them! It was so fun to be there and experience a football game live. If anyone who loves football and hasn't gone to a live game, you need to go! It's such a fun experience. Needless to say, I had a lot of fun and was so glad we went.  I am especially happy that they are building a new stadium cause Candlestick is old school!


The game was on Thursday and then on Friday we decided to head to Apple Hill since we were kind of in the area. I absolutely LOVE Apple Hill. I love all the vendors that come and all the food that they have! The best carmel apple I have ever had is called Apple my Apple from Abel's Acres. IT IS THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD! It is a carmel apple (obviously) with white fudge and cinnamon. It sounds simple but for real, it is the best thing. They also have the best pies and apple doughnuts. I sure do miss my home area and everything about it but it was a fun, short visit. Next time I hope I can bring Eric and Trent with me on these adventures!

No comments: