Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas/New years


So I am a little behind on my blogging because of the trip we took to southern California for Christmas and New years. This year we were able to get 2 weeks off of work and I still cannot believe how fast the 2 weeks went. We arrived in southern Cal and for the next 4 days all it did was rain. I didn't mind it at all considering I am use to snow for winter weather and it was a nice excuse to cozy up next to the fire and get warm. I feel like such a bum whenever we go down to Eric's for a vacation because we usually never go anywhere except for the beach because all we want to do is relax and visit with family. Which is why there is a huge lack of pictures. I also didn't want to take any pictures A) because I feel like a fatty B) because I was stuffing my face almost 24/7 which made me feel even more like a fatty and C) I was lazy. Christmas came and went way to fast as it always does and I got a lot of wonderful things as I hope all of you did as well. 
The second week was a little more sunny which made it feel like good old southern cal but it only lasted a couple of days. I had wanted to go to the beach but because of all the rain and flooding that was going on the ocean water was brown and nasty also due to a sewer pipeline that had burst which got swept into the ocean. Eeww. Icky I know. We spent a lot of time hanging out, playing games and going into town. Eric's dad is in a band and is super good at the guitar so New Year's Eve we went to a party that his dads band was playing at and our little boy started moving and a groovin to Grandpa Monson's tunes! He is already an active boy but during the time while we were there he was kicking more than I have ever felt him. He sure loved it! New Year's day was spent taking family pictures. We took them at two locations. One was at a really cool park and the other was at the beach. Not in the water obviously but on the rocks and by a pier. I am excited to see how they turned out and to see how big I look in them! As soon as we get them back I'll post them, as long as I don't look to much like a heffer! Now we are back and I have Eric's birthday to focus on. I love California but it is nice to be back in my own bed!

The view from Eric's house.

No comments: