Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I'm excited for...


Valentine's Day
As you can tell by my decked out blog and it's not even February yet. 
When you are older this holiday to a lot of people means either A) depression as it just reminds you of how single you actually are or B) you have someone but that means fighting the crowds to go to a "romantic" very crowded dinner. I miss the elementary days when Valentine's day meant a class party (which also meant the last part of the day we didn't do any school work) that had sweets of some kind and getting candy from your classmates. 
Although growing up Valentine's day meant one more thing, the best dinner of the year. For dinner on Valentine's day my Mom and Dad would make waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and orange juice. The dinner table would be decked out with Valentine's day decorations and usually with a small present on the dinner plate. I didn't realize how much I loved this tradition until the elementary days were gone and that meant you were "suppose" to have someone on that day. While others were sad and hated the holiday because they didn't have anyone and those who did got all these candies and flowers from there significant other rubbing your face yet again in the fact that you had no one, I couldn't wait to get home. I didn't care that I didn't have someone. I had my dinner that I could count on every year and it was always amazing. This tradition still continues today for whoever is home. Yes I have dragged Eric all the way up to Farmington to partake in this blessed event. I have decided (even if I have all boys and they don't really care) that this tradition will live on in the Monson household. I love that my parents made Valentine's day our own special holiday.
So why I am super excited about Valentine's day this year? I'm not really sure. Maybe it's because Eric and I are going to actually celebrate it. Maybe it's because I love the color pink. Or maybe it's because I can't wait to be a mom. I am so excited for this little guy to come into the world and to give him a life full of love. Or maybe it's because it means candy and sweets as that is really all that drives me these days..well whatever the reason all I know is I am excited! 



No comments: