Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Birthday Twins?



Today is my mother in laws birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOLLEY!!) and after my doctors appt this past Monday and some things that have happened I had really hoped that little Trent would have graced us with his presence early to share a birthday with his Grandma but to no avail. There are still some hours left in the day but I don't think he is going to come today. 

When we went to the doctors on Monday it was the first time he checked me to see if anything was happening. A couple of days before the doctors appt I had felt some braxton hicks that weren't too strong so I figured nothing was happening. So when the doctor told me that I was 1 cm dilated and 80% effaced I was super excited! He also said he could come at any time. And to add to my excitement, this past week I have been having some painful contractions. But nothing consistent. I just have to keep reminding myself that even though I am making progress that doesn't mean Trent will come any time soon. Many women have been in my situation and don't deliver for weeks. It's just so hard to not get my hopes up as I am just so excited/anxious. I'm not the only one that's super anxious. Eric doesn't want to go anywhere too far because he's scared I'll go into labor. I think the worse part right now is the waiting/wondering when it will happen. I am hoping my walking everyday will help get him here sooner because it seems to have done some things but who knows. It also doesn't help that this past weekend Carter's was having a 50% off everything so Eric and I bought him some clothes that I can't wait to see him in. So until he does decide he's done being squished in my tummy Eric and I have obviously no choice but to wait. Hopefully the longest we will have to wait is just a week and a half as April 11th is my official due date because if he's a week late I think I'll go crazy. I have always sucked at being patient.



2 comments:

Becca Gilbert said...

Just for the record Chels- it is worth every minute you wait for them! I've only had Porter for 29.5 hours and I can't imagine life without him!!! Just be so grateful that Trent will be a full term, healthy, happy baby! Porter ended up in the NICU for a while and even though I have complete faith in the doc's and know how amazing they are, there is nothing worse than seeing your baby have to be hooked up to all sorts of machines and have tons of tubes and stuff. I can't wait to meet baby Trent!

PS I'm making my blog private so email me your email address k? rdavies@gilbertandstewart.com

Stephanie said...

I am SOOO excited!!