Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Years

So in the spirit of the new year coming up I thought I would write down some of my resolutions. I have never been a big "resolution" kind of a person but it's never to late to start.  2011 has been a really good year. I had a baby, bought a new car (which desperately needed to happen), my sister got married and my brother in law went on a mission to Japan. So I am hoping that 2012 will be equally as good. Trent will turn 1, my husband will turn 28 (weird) and hopefully our future will become a little more secure. I think one of the reason's why I don't really like resolutions is if I don't accomplish them, I feel like a failure. But it can't hurt to try! So my resolution list for 2012 is:

1.  Loose weight. I only have 10 pounds to be at what I was before I had Trent but I carry my weight differently now and it makes me depressed because my jeans fit differently which makes me feel like a hippo.


2. Start cooking more. Before I had Trent I would cook every day except for twice a week and I really enjoyed it. I still enjoy it now but with Trent and working it's really easy not to.

3. This kind of goes hand in hand with the cooking more and loosing weight but create a healthier lifestyle so Trent grows up being healthy.


4. Be more laid back. I have already been working on this but I could do a better job.


5. Give people the benefit of the doubt. Not everyone is doing things on purpose to piss me off. 


6. Be a better person (aka better wife, mom, sister, daughter).


7. Make a budget and try to stay with it. The making part isn't hard for me it's the staying with it. 

8. When the weather is warmer, go outside more. Trent loves being outside and I can't wait to take him to a park. 


9. Try and be more appreciative of Utah because I honestly really struggle with this one. I'm not the biggest fan especially during the winter months but it does have it's perks. One being it's a pretty cheap place to live.


10. Have a better attitude about things and realize life's meant to be enjoyed. 


I know these are very basic resolutions but they are one's I hopefully can work on to make 2012 an awesome year. I hope everyone has a safe and fun New Year's!!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you are free Thursday nights I go do Zumba up in Lehi! It is seriously a butt kicker! And I struggle with the Utah thing too...as you know. But especially with the sunshine and lack of snow lately, I've been happier :) It's cheap, there are lots of people around here that are in the same boat as you are, anddd you know you won't live here for forever :) Good new years resolutions!

Eric and Chelsea said...

Dude Bri I would TOTALLY do Zumba with you! As long as you wouldn't make fun of me for lookin like a dork I'm so down! Just let me know when and where and I am sssooo there!