Friday, December 2, 2011

Turkey Day

This year for Thanksgiving we went to Southern California to visit Eric's family. I was so excited and ready for the 70 degree weather but I was not excited on how we were getting there. Instead of paying a ton of money and flying we decided it would be smarter to drive. Which meant a 10 hour drive with a 7 and a half month old baby. So we packed up and left at 12:00 in the afternoon and to my delight Trent did pretty good except at the very end. 9 1/2 hours of driving + sitting in traffic for 45 min = a MAJOR melt down. He ended up crying himself to sleep despite all of my efforts in trying to calm him down. So needless to say I was really happy when we finally made it to Eric's house. It was a wonderful, relaxing, uneventful week filled with mouth watering food, family and warm weather. It's always so fun to get away from it all and not have to worry about anything. Trent loved it because obviously Eric's parents house is a ton bigger than our tiny apartment which meant Trent had a ton of room to play and crawl around. He loved being with his aunts, uncles and especially Eric's mom. She would sing this one song in french to Trent (no she's not french but just took a lot of french classes) and every time she did Trent would always get super calm and just stare at her. It was really cute. I was really worried because he is getting into the stranger danger age and he is really shy but he took to Holley (Eric's mom) really fast. As always Thanksgiving day was so awesome and I stuffed my face way to much but loved every minute of it. It was really weird not having Eric's younger brother Troy there because he is on his mission in Japan but Troy had sent home pictures so that helped. Before I knew it the week had passed and it was time to come home. I was really anxious about the drive back but we decided we would try something different. Instead of leaving at 12 in the afternoon we left at 3 in the morning and it was so much better. Trent basically slept the whole way and It was a much easier drive. I hate that we only get together with Eric's family twice a year but with all of our schedules it gets to hard to try and get together more than that. Especially since the next time we see them Trent will be over a year old. He is already pulling himself up and walking along side the couch and can stand up for about 3 seconds without any support. We still don't have any teeth yet but I'm sure they will come in soon. Sorry this isn't the most exciting post, I never take pictures when I go to Cali mainly because we don't really do a whole lot. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Now on to the BEST PART OF THE YEAR. Christmas. Oh yeah I was so stoked for Christmas that the night we got home from Cali I put up our Christmas lights and decorations even though I was so exhausted. I LOVE CHRISTMAS.

No comments: