Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Rant

I apologize for this post because it's basically me complaining about things which I try not to do because lets be honest sometimes It's annoying to hear other people complain. But here I go.


1. What is with girls taking 5 million hours to get ready to go to the gym. I had a roommate who took 45 mins to get ready to go to the gym and I am not even lying. I just have never understood why girls have to get all gorgeous when they are just going to sweat it all off. Plus the fact that the guys at the gym aren't all that great. They all look like tools to me while they look at themselves in the mirror and work out. You know those guys are thinking to themselves that they are b.a.m.f.s because of there muscles and by how much they can bench. Yeah no thanks. I'm not saying you have to look like a frump but do you really have to put on mounds of makeup and do your hair?


2. When I was pregnant I got to a point where I just wanted Trent out. Big is an understatement of what I was in the end. I was a huge heffer that could barely get out of the car, bed or off the couch. But no matter how uncomfortable I was and no matter how much I wanted Trent out, I realized that he would come when he was ready. I had a friend tell me a story about a women who went to the hospital to be checked at 38 weeks and then was told to go home because it wasn't time. Most people would have been bummed and just left but she refused to go home. SHE wanted the baby out right then because that was more convenient for her. So they induced her and I'm sure everything went fine but I just didn't understand that. Motherhood = sacrifice. The second you get pregnant you start sacrificing. You start being super moody, for most people throwing up on a daily basis, feeling like super crap, not sleeping because you have to pee every 30 seconds, for most you gain more weight then you have ever in your life, you worry about if you have felt the baby or not, you spend a lot of money and time to make sure you have everything necessary for when the baby comes. Then when the baby comes you sacrifice your sleep, energy and everything else. So I just don't understand when women do things like that because THEY want the baby out when it's convenient for them. Well welcome to motherhood folks. Your life is no longer your own but revolves around that baby. Now I'm not talking about people who need to be induced because of health reasons or because they are overdue (like I was) but the women who purposely are induced because they don't want to be pregnant anymore. It's just not something I will ever understand. You are a mom and things are never going to be on your time frame again. 


 3. Construction is my worst nightmare. Ever since I moved here there has been construction on the I-15 somewhere. First it was up in Davis county where they built legacy. Then up in Layton. Then (where my sister Nicole use to live) off the Alpine/Highland exit, then the American Fork, Lindon, Pleasant Grove, Orem, Provo, Springville, Spanish Fork stretch. HOLY DANG. Will it ever stop!?! Oh probably once I move. The worst part is my family stretches from Saratoga Springs to South Jordan to Farmington and Fruit Heights. So who gets to drive in the lovely construction? Me. An example of how this stupid construction makes my life so much worse is last Wednesday we headed to my sister Nicole's new house in Saratoga Springs. There dishwasher wasn't working and since Eric does that kind of a thing we decided to go out and install their new one that they had ordered (which is an entirely long different story. If you want to read about it and see pictures of there new house head on over to Trevor and Nicole's blog http://theperfect-pace.blogspot.com/) we were driving (not during rush time) and all of a sudden traffic just comes to a complete stop. I quickly look on my phone and see that it is red for miles which usually means an accident. We exit and take the back way to her house which added an extra 30 min to our trip. I was annoyed but not that much because accidents happen and there was nothing I could do about it. But on the drive home I looked over and saw that there was traffic and realized that it wasn't an accident it was dang, darn, freaking construction! They were taking the lanes down from 4 to 2. It's the most frustrating thing in the world. I don't think it would be that bad if it hadn't been almost 5 years of constant construction. CAN IT PLEASE END!? If I move before the construction is over, I will come back when it's finished and do a dance because I will be so happy. 


 

1 comment:

Ree-Ree Writing said...

Haha, man, I have heard a lot of rants from you in my time but this is for sure the most random! Lol, well if you do move to get away from construction...just move back to Cali! Okay? As I was reading this post I was just imagining all you facial expressions hahahaha oh, I had me a good laugh. Anyway, miss ya buttface.